Submitting Clinician & Group Survey Data
Participation in the Clinician & Group component of the CAHPS Database is open to all practices, clinicians, provider care services, groups and vendors that administer surveys according to CAHPS specifications.
Participants are granted password protected access to the Online Interactive Reporting System to view their own results compared to national and regional benchmarks.
The CAHPS Database supports multiple versions of the Clinician & Group Survey, including the adult and child primary care and adult specialty care questionnaires with either the 4-point or 6-point response scales.
What to Submit
To participate in the Clinician & Group Survey component, you must provide the CAHPS Database with the following elements:
- Registration. New users are asked to fill out a registration form. After completing the form users will receive an email with a link to activate the account.
- CAHPS Questionnaire. Submit a copy of the CAHPS questionnaire(s) used. Questionnaires must follow CAHPS guidelines. Survey Administration Guidelines for the Clinician & Group Survey.
- Data Use Agreement. This agreement specifies the terms of your participation in the CAHPS Database.
- Clinician & Group Information. Additional information on survey administration such as sample size, field period and response rate is also necessary to complete the data submission process. This information is now required in the data file specifications.
- Data Files. Participants are required to submit three data files through the CAHPS Clinician & Group Data Submission System. (Group, Practice Site, Sample Level.)
Data file specifications will be posted when they become available.
To participate in the CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey component, participants or their vendors must register for an account to access the Online Submission System. All required information must be received during the submission period and approved by the CAHPS Database by the deadline. Each questionnaire, Data Use Agreement, and data file will be reviewed by the CAHPS Database.
- The Clinician & Group Survey Online Submission System is currently closed.
- The CG-CAHPS 2011 survey results are available in the CAHPS Database Online Reporting System.
Although the CG-CAHPS Survey Online Submission System is currently closed, future participants are encouraged to view a 15-minute Web training on data submission. The session is designed for new and previous participants and anyone who wants a more comprehensive orientation to the online data submission process. View the submission training session.
Access the CG-CAHPS Data Submission System.
CG-CAHPS 2011 Survey Results Available
CG-CAHPS 2011 survey results are available on the CAHPS Database Online Reporting System.