Clinician & Group
The CAHPS Clinician & Group Surveys (CG-CAHPS) ask patients about their recent experiences with clinicians and their staff.
The Clinician & Group Surveys include standardized questionnaires and optional supplemental items for adults receiving primary or specialty care as well as children receiving primary care. Multiple versions of the Clinician & Group Surveys are available to meet different needs:
Get Clinician & Group Surveys and Instructions
You can download for free everything you need to conduct a Clinician & Group Survey:
- The questionnaires for adults and children: 12-Month, 12-Month with Patient-Centered Medical Home Items, and Visit.
- Supplemental items that you can add to your questionnaire.
- Guidance on administering the survey and preparing the data for analysis.
- SAS®-based analysis programs and instructions for analyzing survey results.
- Guidance on reporting survey results
Using Clinician & Group Survey results submitted by survey sponsors around the country, the CAHPS Database reports aggregated data that you can use to—
- Assess the overall performance of different kinds of physician practices and groups.
- Analyze the performance of a single physician practice or group relative to appropriate benchmarks.
You can use the results of a Clinician & Group Survey to identify opportunities for improvement and track progress towards goals. Resources available to inform and support the improvement process include the CAHPS Improvement Guide, recorded Webcasts, presentations, and case studies.
The results of a Clinician & Group Survey can be shared with consumers as well as physician practices, medical groups, health plans, and other audiences. You can report—
- Composite measures, which combine two or more related survey items into a single indicator.
- Ratings, which represent a score on a scale of 0 to 10.
Available resources include guidance on reporting CAHPS scores to consumers, presentations, and examples of consumer-oriented reports.