Experience of Care & Health Outcomes (ECHO)
The Experience of Care and Health Outcomes (ECHO) Survey asks health plan enrollees about their experiences with behavioral health care and services provided by either managed behavioral healthcare organizations or managed care organizations.
The ECHO Surveys include standardized questionnaires and optional supplemental items for adults and children who have received behavioral health care and services. Because some people get this care directly from a managed care organization (MCO) while others receive it from a managed behavioral health care organization (MBHO), there are two versions of this survey.
The ECHO Surveys and associated instructions are being updated. The original documents needed to conduct an ECHO Survey are no longer available on this site; however, you may obtain copies by contacting the CAHPS Help Line at email@example.com or 800-492-9261. The available documents include the following:
- The Managed Care Organization (MCO) version of the survey (for adults and children).
- The Managed Behavioral Health Care Organization (MBHO) version of the survey (for adults and children).
- Supplemental items that you can add to questionnaires for adults.
- Guidance on administering the survey and preparing the data for analysis.
- SAS®-based analysis programs and instructions for analyzing survey results.
- Guidance on reporting survey results.
To be notified when the updated surveys and instructions are available, please subscribe for e-mail updates from CAHPS (https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USAHRQ/subscriber/new?) and select "ECHO Survey" under the CAHPS heading.